Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Photowalk



There are many techniques to take a photo worth looking at. I am here to share ten of these techniques with you. One is anticipate the moment, or know and plan what is about to happen so you can position yourself perfectly to capture the moment. Two is to find a different angle using birds eye view (shoot from above) or worms eye view (shoot from below). Three is to use the rule of thirds, offsetting your subject to the right or left so it falls on intersecting lines. Four is to use leading lines, which naturally force the viewer to follow them to the subject. Five is to fill the frame which will eliminate a distracting background and give a great picture. Six is to let the mug shot tell the story, getting just a person from the waist up. Seven is to use framing, or objects that create a frame around your subject. Eight is to look for repetition, or the same thing over and over again. Nine is to stop the action and keep the ball in the picture, a technique that focuses more on sports photography. Last but not least, ten is to look for emotion in pictures. Using these easy ten tips, I can guarantee your photos will begin to turn out better. Over the past few days, I went and took pictures myself. I pick these three to show you because I felt that they displayed the rules the best. The picture of the cookie dough shows repetition, and I just love cookies. The picture of the parking sign shows a worms eye view, and I like the way the sun was streaking across the pictures. The third picture I chose was of a friend with a flower in her hair. This demonstrates filling the frame, where the subject fills the space. Hope you enjoy- food, friends, and fashion.

No comments:

Post a Comment